Monday, October 20, 2008

Winter Goals

August of 2007 I ran my first marathon in beautiful Park City, Utah. It was a beautiful morning for a race and I felt good because I had trained pretty hard for this marathon. I was able to reach my first marathon goal which was to finish in under four hours. After the race my life got busy and running got put on the back burner for the winter, and most of spring.

This winter I am going to learn from history so it doesn't repeat itself. My winter running goals are to get reconditioned for running marathons for the next marathon season. When the Salt Lake City Marathon comes around I want to be in better shape than I was last year. My other goal is to some how learn how to swim over the winter (thanks for the help James) so that I can run tri's too.

The hard part of my goals are the actual miles that I have to put in during the long and cold winter. But I am determined to continue waking up early and hitting the gym before school to accomplish what I have set out to do.

What are your winter goals?

No comments: