Wednesday, December 3, 2008

3 days down, 397 to go

Today marks my second day of marathon training for the SLC Marathon on April 18th. I am following a program by Hal Higdon, and adding an additional 2 weeks to his 18 week program. I figure I need all the extra preparation I can get. Believe you me, I need all the help I can get.

So what helps me get to the gym to train?
The promise of Spongebob Squarepants on channel 27 from 6-7 p.m.
My husband's encouragement
The promise of Spongebob Squarepants on channel 27 from 6-7 p.m.
Looking forward to breaking my last SLC time of 4:02:57
And on those rare occassions I make it into the gym before work, the promise of Spongebob Squarepants on channel 27 from 6-6:30 a.m.

What keeps you motivated on cold winter days?

1 comment:

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

I have no motivation! but I'm getting some....walking 3 days a week for 2months then I'm gonna start some running...I'm so lazy these days I need to work up to it!
I miss you!!